------Home---- ----About Me---- ----Lots Of Links---- ----Recipes---- ----Reviews---- ----Resources---- ----My Photo Blog---- ----Contact Me----

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Menu Planning Monday 1-25-10 & Pantry Challenge update



We're still on the Eat From The Pantry Challenge...this is week 4!!  So far, we've been doing really good sticking with our goals and we're using up a bunch of stuff that we have on hand.  We have, however, been out of cheese for a few days which has totally messed me up!  At least it messed me up in the sense of major disappointment at not having any cheese!  You see, I'm usually really good about stocking up on stuff (even though often I buy more than we need), just to make sure that we don't run out.  I'll have to admit that I'm just a little bit spoiled.  I told my husband today that this has made me realize that I do take it for granted to have plentiful options of food around to satisfy whatever craving may come day by day.  I really do feel blessed, too, as I think about the people who eat the same thing all the time and don't even get enough to be full.

I've changed up a few things from my original plan, but here's the menu for this week.  Happy Cooking!!


Monday - Costa Rican Pinto, Chips

Tuesday - Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic Bread

Wednesday - Crowder Peas, Green Beans, Brown Rice

Thursday - Homemade Pizza, Fruit Salad

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Curried Veggies & Rice

Sunday - Mexican Wrap Casserole, Salad

Breakfasts - 
Oatmeal w/Honey & Cinnamon
Grits, Eggs, Toast

Lunches - 
Tomato Soup, Grilled Cheese
Bean, Rice, & Cheese Burritos
Leftovers
Hummus w/Chips, Crackers, & Veggies

For more menu planning visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.
Check out more Pantry Challenge participants at Money Saving Mom or Life As Mom.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! 4 weeks! Go Sarah! I know it has to of made a HUGE difference in your budget! Also your post makes me feel like I have been taking for granted a lot of our food and budget for that food. When Charlie returns home from his training we will be giving this challenge a try, and we will be focusing on being happy with what we have. We so quickly forget that there are people who have nothing to eat... and not just in third world countries, but right here in our town! Thanks for being so inspiring!

Tricia said...

Thanks for the granola recipe! I have been looking for one that my kids would like--I'll try this one out this week!

Kris said...

Sunday looks especially yummy!!

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

Oh, we love crowder peas too! I've never seen them on anyone else's menu though.

Randall and Rachel Beita said...

Way to go sis!!! We are very spoiled with just being able to go and get whatever we need. Living in another contry there are limits but I am still just used to getting what I need. This challange has been good.