------Home---- ----About Me---- ----Lots Of Links---- ----Recipes---- ----Reviews---- ----Resources---- ----My Photo Blog---- ----Contact Me----

Monday, March 22, 2010

Menu Planning Monday 3-22-10


I finally have an update on our budget for the month of March.  If you don't know about my monthly budget yet, you can check out this post.  Basically, I have embarked on a challenge to spend only $200 per month on groceries, for the rest of 2010.  If you want to join the challenge you can get the details here.  This month so far I have spent $161.98 of our $200.00 budget, which leaves $38.02 left for the rest of March.  We just have ten days left to go for this month!  So here is our menu for this week.  Happy Cooking!!


Monday - Black-Eyed Peas, Perfect Potatoes, Cornbread

Tuesday - Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad

Wednesday - Warm Dinner Wraps, Fruit

Thursday - Chili Beans, Cornbread, Fruit (from last week)

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - My sister's birthday...we'll be eating at my parents

Sunday - My Birthday!  Dinner is a mystery. :-)

Breakfasts - 
Whole Wheat Toast
Oatmeal w/Honey & Cinnamon
Honey Crunch Granola
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Pumpkin Bread

Lunches - 
Sandwiches
Mini Pizzas
Salad w/Homemade Dressing
Tuna Salad
Leftovers
Bean, Rice, & Cheese Burritos

For more menu planning visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.

4 comments:

Randall and Rachel Beita said...

Sounds yummy as usual: You are doing so good on your budget. Happy Birthday!!!

TCK said...

Hi, I am your newest follower. Came from Orgjunkie.com.
Come and visit me at www.toniatck.blogspot.com

Holly T. said...

Happy Birthday Week Sarah! I was so excited to start joining you on the $200/month challenge, but then I read your post that this amount also includes diapers, TP, etc.!! How do you do it...especially w/ three kids 2 and under? Now I'm thinking there's no way I can make it. :-( Any tips?

Sarah said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

TCK,
Hi! It's nice to have you around!

Holly,
I think it's great you are going to try the challenge! The best advice I have to give is give yourself some time to work toward your goal...if you don't make it the 1st month, keep trying! Also, it's funny you mentioned the diapers thing...I am actually going to be updating on how we decided to not include diapers for now. :-) I usually stock up and get diapers really cheap though...probably averaging $3-4 per pack. And if you don't include anything but purely grocery food at first, that's ok too.