------Home---- ----About Me---- ----Lots Of Links---- ----Recipes---- ----Reviews---- ----Resources---- ----My Photo Blog---- ----Contact Me----

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Menu Planning Monday 2-15-10

 

Still on The 200 Challenge...which means spending only $200.00 per month on groceries for the rest of 2010!  Only a little over two weeks left in February, so be sure to come back at the beginning of March to see how we did and to link up and share how you did too!  I ended up having my husband run by the store a few times so far this month for little odds and ends that we ran out of...so now we're down to $22.54 left in our budget for February.  I shouldn't have to go to the store at all this week...yay!  Here's the menu for this week.  Happy Cooking!!


Monday - Minestrone Soup, Breadsticks (from last week)

Tuesday - Costa Rican Pinto, Chips (from last week)

Wednesday - Tortellini w/Veggies, Breadsticks

Thursday - Leftovers

Friday - Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

Saturday - Lentil Rice Casserole, Sweet Potatoes

Sunday - Banana Pancakes

Breakfasts - 
Oatmeal w/Honey & Cinnamon
Grits, Eggs, Biscuits
Date Nut Muffins
Fresh Fruit

Lunches - 
Tuna Salad w/Crackers
Yogurt & Granola Fruit Sundaes
Sandwiches
Leftovers

For more menu planning visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you make your lentil rice casserole? It's a combination I'm fond of - can't get much cheaper! I've made honey baked lentils over rice and that's always delicious, but I haven't put the two together in a casserole.

Ally said...

Oh my goodness--banana pancakes sound so good! I might have to wake up early and make them this week! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I'm always on the lookout for yummy menu choices. We're still having to watch our pennies.

Sarah said...

thesavedquarter,
Sorry it took so long for me to respond...here is the Lentil Rice Casserole recipe.
http://clayinhishands-sarah.blogspot.com/2010/02/lentil-rice-casserole.html

Honey Baked Lentils over Rice sounds really good too!