------Home---- ----About Me---- ----Lots Of Links---- ----Recipes---- ----Reviews---- ----Resources---- ----My Photo Blog---- ----Contact Me----

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The exciting life of a mom...

You know the nights where things get more than a little chaotic?  That's what it was like here tonight...

My husband was at church leading youth group...I was super tired after a long day...trying to get tired little kiddos ready for bed.  And then I had one throwing a tantrum about socks and not brushing her teeth.  So off we headed for some necessary discipline.  We were only in the other room for less than five minutes.

Five minutes and we headed back to the bathroom to brush teeth, only to find my other two babes playing in the toilet!  They had soaked their jammies, put yucky water on their faces and in their hair, and had made a big mess on the floor.  GROSS!!  I know, they were probably having fun, considering they were laughing.  Really, I was thinking "This is the last thing I need right now!" but I guess God had a different idea.  He must be working on my patience.  Whew.  So off to the bath I dragged all of my kiddos.  Now they are all clean and in bed with teeth brushed and socks on and prayers prayed and songs sung.

I'm still shaking my head at the fact they played in the toilet.  I mean, they used to do that a little when they were younger, but that was a long time ago and they so know better now.

Yep, that's what it's like being a mom!  And it is all worth it.  :-)

1 comment:

Randall and Rachel Beita said...

Glad you got through it! Maybe they needed some mommy bath time. I wonder why the biggest messes happen when dad is not there...