------Home---- ----About Me---- ----Lots Of Links---- ----Recipes---- ----Reviews---- ----Resources---- ----My Photo Blog---- ----Contact Me----

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cherish the Moments



What a crazy week!  Running here and there.  Christmas planning and Christmas shopping.  I forgot how much I do not like shopping in crowds.  How much has changed from the old days.  I used to love it.  But now, I would WAY rather shop online.  It is so much more peaceful; so much less hectic.

It's not a well week here.  I have 3 little girls all sick at once.  I've been wiping noses constantly.  Holding, and snuggling, and comforting.  I hate for my babies to feel bad.  I feel like I haven't gotten much done at all.  At least not much that I had planned.  But that's ok.  I just have to keep reminding myself that it is ok if the laundry has to wait.  It's ok if supper isn't done on time.  It's ok if the house is a wreck.  I've made up my mind to enjoy snuggling my babies.  I so cherish this precious time.  I can see it slipping away.  They grow up so fast...

I can't believe that Christmas is almost here.  It is so easy to get lost in the blur and the bustle of this season.  I just want to dig my feet into the ground and make it all slow down.

Let's not forget the real reason for this season.  It is Jesus alone.  Let's remember to teach this to our children.  I am so tired of materialism and meaningless things.  I want my children to know and appreciate simplicity.  I want them to know why we celebrate Christmas.  I want them to know that it is more blessed to give than to receive.  I want to see them spread the Joy of our Lord and Savior, Jesus.

Let's slow down, and cherish the precious moments.

Now it's your turn!  How do you teach your children about the real meaning of Christmas?

2 comments:

Amy said...

We have started explaining to Lula Mae that Jesus was a gift to us from God, and that is why we give loved ones gifts at Christmas. We are determined for our family to not get caught up in the "watered down" meaning of Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I love decorating, listening to Christmas music, making cookies and all the other silly little traditions... but I want the MEANING to be about Jesus and His birth! Lula Mae really enjoys reading her book about Christmas and I hope next year she will really start understanding it more. We also want our family to enjoy giving to people who are not as fortunate during the Christmas season (during every season really, but especially during the holidays). I feel like our children will enjoy growing up and experiencing the true meaning of Christmas!

Randall and Rachel Beita said...

Love the post sis. So true. I haven´t really started anything with Josiah. I have 2 books about Jesus birth and need to pull them out to read to Josiah. I want to hang up a string of lights for Josiah as he loves them and we are not going to put up a tree. Trying to think of where we can put the nativity where he can´t get into it and break it (he is on everything these days). We did get him one gift some duplo type blocks. Until now he knows noting about wrapped gifts or gifts at Christmas. Maybe we will make some oatmeal cookies together.