------Home---- ----About Me---- ----Lots Of Links---- ----Recipes---- ----Reviews---- ----Resources---- ----My Photo Blog---- ----Contact Me----

Saturday, May 1, 2010

The 200 Challenge - May Update


It's time for The 200 Challenge update, May edition!  I can't wait to see how you all are doing with spending less on groceries in 2010!  If you're new to The 200 Challenge, you can read all about it here.

April has really flown by!  Out of our $200.00 budget for April, we spent $208.63.  I know, it's bad.  I sort of lost track of our budget a bit in April.  Maybe because it was super busy and we were gone a lot.  We also had several out of ordinary special occasions that we bought extra food for, so that probably factored into it as well.  It's discouraging, but oh well.  At least I have a chance to do better in May!

Here are some of my meal ideas for the month of May:
Baked Ziti
Sesame Teriyaki
Costa Rican Pinto
Homemade Pizza
Mexican Layer Casserole
Vegetarian Chili
Lentil Rice Casserole
Tortellini w/Veggies
Chimichangas
Grilled Cheese
Lasagna
Parmesan Chicken, Rice, Green Beans
Black-Eyed Peas
Chesapeake Spiced Salmon Cakes
Pinto Beans
Pasta Salad
Tuna Cheesies

Now it's your turn!  How did you do in April?  What do you plan to do different in May?  Blog about it anytime this month then come back here and link up!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think this challenge is a little bit like weight loss... you do great in the beginning, then plateau and do not so great in the middle, then do great again! LOL! At least we both had tough months (not that it is a good thing)... but, it made me feel better knowing other people slip too I guess! I hope you do great in May! I'm sure you will!!!

*Crystal* said...

I'm participating this month! I'm posting your link on my blog today. Can't wait to see how I do.

Unknown said...

Followed your site here from Crystal's blog. I just started budgeting last month. I didn't stick to it well, but I was close! My budget is $400.00 a month for a family of 7. It includes EVERY THING I buy for the house.