------Home---- ----About Me---- ----Lots Of Links---- ----Recipes---- ----Reviews---- ----Resources---- ----My Photo Blog---- ----Contact Me----

Monday, August 3, 2009

Blog Hop - Encouragement

1, 2, 3...let's Blog Hop!!

This week's Blog Hop theme is Encouragement. So here's some from me!

Probably the biggest encouragement for me this past year has been the book of Job in the Bible. In several ways it has been a rough year, physically, emotionally, and otherwise. Whenever I start to get really down about things, I think about Job and I feel a lot less sorry for myself. Job was put to the test in numerous ways and he suffered tremendously, yet through it all not only did he not curse God...but he praised Him. Even though Job was physically almost dead and he had endured more emotionally than he thought he could ever possibly handle, he chose to trust God and to praise His name. Wow. I am sure none of my suffering has been that bad. But still I struggle with trusting God and praising Him when life gets hard. So Job has been a huge challenge and an encouragement to me this year.

I hope that you all are encouraged too!

MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

love your blog! :) Became a follower!

~Sandy said...

Great post!!!! I love the story of Job. I use it often when someone says I can't handle this or that. Job was a strong man. It goes to show that all things are possibl through Christ! Thanks for sharing.