------Home---- ----About Me---- ----Lots Of Links---- ----Recipes---- ----Reviews---- ----Resources---- ----My Photo Blog---- ----Contact Me----

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Menu Planning Monday 7-19-09

Seems like this past week just flew by. I did meet my $20 grocery shopping goal from last week, which makes me pretty happy. I was just under the $20 mark by three cents!

I won't lie, it was a bit hard. I had made my list, but as I walked through the stores with my husband I began to see things that I realized I had neglected to write down or had forgotten that we were nearly out of. But that's why it's a challenge or a goal, right? Because it's not easy. It's okay to do without sometimes. We made it and had plenty to eat for the whole week. And...I feel really good knowing that we saved a little extra money.

In other news, I finally got around to trying a new granola recipe, here, as suggested by Shania. It was really simple and turned out great. I will definitely make it again!

So, sticking to the cheap and simple menu planning once again...here goes! Happy Cooking!!


Monday - Pinto Beans, Perfect Potatoes, Green Beans (from last week)

Tuesday - Taco Salad, Spanish Rice

Wednesday - Leftovers

Thursday - Homemade Spaghetti (from freezer), Garlic Bread

Friday - Tomato Soup, Grilled Cheese

Saturday - Easy Enchiladas, Spanish Rice

Sunday - Leftovers


For more menu planning visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.

6 comments:

SnoWhite said...

nice work with the groceries! and, a healthy, filling week to boot :)

Buffie said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you could stick with $20 for your groceries. Great job.

Joyful Wife said...

I am proud of you Sarah, for making a goal and for sticking to it! You are a huge blessing to your family! :)

Becca said...

Homemade spaghetti is so delicious. I like to stick it in the oven for 15-20 mins after I make it to give it a kind of baked texture.

Unknown said...

Impressive. I am going to be bookmarking your site/joining if you don't mind since I'm helping some friends who are in a really tight spot out.
I did a really cheap (way under $1 serving) menu plan this week if you want some more ideas.

AudreyO said...

What kind of enchiladas? I love mexican food :)