------Home---- ----About Me---- ----Lots Of Links---- ----Recipes---- ----Reviews---- ----Resources---- ----My Photo Blog---- ----Contact Me----

Friday, May 6, 2011

Loving Our Husbands - Be Positive

I notice that many days the first thing that comes out of my mouth when my husband gets home {after "Hi, I missed you"} is me telling him what a rough day it was, or how the girls did or didn't do such and such.  Sure, there is a place for telling him about my day, but I don't want to complain or be negative.  I don't want that to be what greets him after a long day.  I think for me it is relief to just tell someone about it all after being alone all day, but I realize that it isn't very encouraging for that to be the first thing.  There is time for that later.

I've been working on saying something encouraging about my day or nothing at all when my husband comes home.  I've definitely had to bite my tongue a lot though.  Many times it's even after the fact.  It's amazing how quickly and automatically I can unload all that stuff.

Want to join me?  Let's be intentional about what we say or don't say.  Let's bless our husbands by being positive.

No comments: