------Home---- ----About Me---- ----Lots Of Links---- ----Recipes---- ----Reviews---- ----Resources---- ----My Photo Blog---- ----Contact Me----

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Our First Garden Harvest


We harvested our first vegetables (not including all the herbs we've been eating already) from our garden this week!  I'm super excited to see all our hard work paying off.  Already our garden looks a ton better and bigger and healthier than last year.  So far we have picked two zucchini, two cucumbers, a few leaves of lettuce, and some cherries.  The cherries aren't technically in the garden, but we have been picking and eating them this week.  :-)

In the next few days I expect to be picking a few squash, more zucchini, and more cucumbers.  There's really nothing like growing and eating your own pesticide free produce that is real and free!  I hope that our garden saves us a lot of money this year.

I know I've been really bad about posting up our garden progress this year, but I promise that I'm still going to give you the story.  It's quite interesting really.  Be looking for another gardening post this week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm jealous.
I have a few green tomatoes right now...

alicia said...

So impressive! Congrats. I've been so inspired by other's gardening that I actually looked at planter boxes tonight. I'm thinking about doing a tiny one.