------Home---- ----About Me---- ----Lots Of Links---- ----Recipes---- ----Reviews---- ----Resources---- ----My Photo Blog---- ----Contact Me----

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Banana Flax Muffins



Oh my!  These muffins are SO yummy!  I just made these for the first time, with the intention of freezing them for later...but they were so good that only half of them actually made it into the freezer.


Banana Flax Muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup honey
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped pecans
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
2 eggs
1 stick butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Place oven rack in lower middle position and preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, honey, eggs, butter, and vanilla in medium bowl.

Add dry ingredients, and mix well.

Fill muffin cups and bake for 25-30 minutes.

Enjoy!

*These muffins freeze really well.  When cool, put in a ziploc bag in the freezer and pull out as needed.



4 comments:

HeatherOz said...

oooohhh! yummy! I could really use some new recipes for my bananas that sit on the counter too long. And I think my husband will really enjoy the fact that there is flax in them. Thanks!!

Yvonne ~~ aka: Nana said...

They really were GOOD!!!

Michelle said...

Hi Sarah
I can't wait to make these they sound and look so good..

Anonymous said...

waiting for next post