------Home---- ----About Me---- ----Lots Of Links---- ----Recipes---- ----Reviews---- ----Resources---- ----My Photo Blog---- ----Contact Me----

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Make Your Own Drain Cleaner

I can't stand a clogged drain. I mean, when you have to wait a few minutes for the water to drain, you know? A while back, after moving into our first house we had to deal with one of those clogged drains.

Since I really like to do things natural, we decided we'd give a natural drain cleaner a try. It worked! Honestly, I was a little surprised. Even though I've grown up using a lot of natural, homemade stuff, I think sometimes I'm still a little skeptical that it will work as good as its' store bought counterpart. I was very satisfied with the performance of my homemade drain cleaner, however, and have continued to use it with great results. Oh did I mention that it's way cheaper than Draino? One more reason to love natural homemade drain cleaner...it's frugal!


Homemade Drain Cleaner
1/4-1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup white vinegar

Pour baking soda into drain. Pour vinegar into drain.

Close drain tightly (use a drain stopper or a sour cream canister lid pushed down to form a tight seal).

Let sit 30 minutes. Flush drain with boiling water until it is draining well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i have one now! i am so trying this.