------Home---- ----About Me---- ----Lots Of Links---- ----Recipes---- ----Reviews---- ----Resources---- ----My Photo Blog---- ----Contact Me----

Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolution Failure: what to do if you're failing your new resolutions

Have you failed any of your New Year's Resolutions yet?  For me the fear of failure sometimes makes me hesitant to set goals in the first place.  In light of the fact that I have many times started many wonderful resolutions only to fail before getting very far at all, I thought I'd share a few things that have helped me get back on track again.  So, if you have already failed to stick with a new goal, don't despair.  You can pick it right back up again.  Here are a few important things to remember:

- You're not alone.  Don't let yourself believe that you are the only one, because it isn't true.

- "Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it yet."

- Even though January 1st is the "official" start of a new year, each day is also the beginning of a new year (i.e. If the year starts on January 4th, it will end on January 4th of next year).

- "Failure is not about falling down, it's about not getting up again."

- You can pick yourself right back up and start fresh again today.  Go for it!

- All things are possible with God.  "If God be your partner, make your plans large."

I hope your new year is off to a wonderful start!  Be encouraged!

No comments: