------Home---- ----About Me---- ----Lots Of Links---- ----Recipes---- ----Reviews---- ----Resources---- ----My Photo Blog---- ----Contact Me----

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Lentil Soup

I've just finished sending my photo in to Walgreens for the free package...my husband and I took a family picture with Abigail outside and we're looking forward to framing it so that we can put it in our new home soon.

Abigail is taking a nap so I started up a pot of Lentil Soup. This is such an easy recipe and so quick to prepare!! I've posted it below so you all can try it too.

Lentil Soup
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped (I use more)
1 large stalk celry, chopped (I use more)
1 clove minced garlic
*cook ingredients above in a little olive oil over medium for about 10 minutes (until celry is tender)

*next add the following ingredients and simmer approx. 1 hr. 45 min.
8 cups water
16 oz. dried lentils
2 T. dried parsley
1 T. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/8-1/4 tsp. curry
1 bay leaf (optional)

*next stir in the following ingredients and simmer 15 min.
1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 cup water (if desired)

*enjoy!!

2 comments:

Joyful Wife said...

I am so proud of my sister who is a great cook, and wonderful mom and a real treasure of a wife. Oh and she is most certainly a dear precious, vital friend to me ! :)

Yummy! seeing that soup recipe makes me want to make some.

Shannon

Holly T. said...

Just made this soup today and it turned out fantastic. Super healthy, cheap and delicious. Thanks for another great recipe!